So yeah, I bought a BlackBerry. After a long run hating that device I fell for the temptation of the cool service they offer, but you know what ? it’s not really as bad or addictive as it seems. It is a very nice device with dozens of cool features, What more to ask for ?
So Anyways, many of my friends have this issue while typing the franko-arabic, some words turns into English and it ruins the sentence. As usual I played a lot with the device, and I found a simple fix for this. It can be done in one minute just follow those steps.
- Go to Options
- Go to AutoText
- Find the word you usually type and it turns into something else. (ex. min turns into minute).
- You can type the first letter and it will take you to the words that starts with that letter.
- Click on the BB/Menu button > Edit .
- It will show you Replace : <letters> with : <word> . for our example it will give you, Replace : min with : minute. So just change the min to minute or anything else. Or even delete that word.
- That’s it.
I also added some of my own AutoText, like Shud>Should, Shudnt > Shouldn’t, cud>could and many others.
One of the cool features of AutoText that you can type things that would take you a long time in just few letters, for example, you can type
- mypin and it will replace that with you BB Pin.
- usrid -> Your Name/ID.
- LD -> Date of today
- LT -> Time right now
- myver –> your BlackBerry Version and OS version.
- sig –> Your signature ( it’s your Owner information – you can change it from Option>Owner)