Kannel is a compact and very powerful open source WAP and SMS gateway, used widely across the globe both for serving trillions of short messages (SMS), WAP Push service indications and mobile internet connectivity.
In this post we will install Kannel in few minutes, just follow those steps:
- First you need to download the Kannel source from their website. Download.
- Now you will need to install Gnome-xml aka libxml. I would recommend download the source and follow the next steps for installation. Download. ( download the latest version would work on your machine, ex: libxml2-2.7.2.tar.gz ).
- extract the downloaded file from terminal, tar xzvf libxml2-2.7.2.tar.gz .
- cd libxml2-2.7.2
- Type ./configure
- Type make
- Type make install —> And now you have libxml
- To continue with the installation of kannel, you need to extract the downloaded folder.
- Type ./configure –> you will get a message saying thank you for using Kannel.
- Type touch .depend
- Type make depend
- Type make
- Type sudo make bindir=/somewhere/suitable install —-> Enter your root password.
Next you need to configure the Gateway using this guide. I’m still figuring it out and will post my hello world application along with any useful information I reach.
Here is Kannel FAQ page for any questions you may have in mind
- Free C/C++ XML Parser Libraries (lars.ruoff.free.fr)